Universal Access To All Knowledge
Home Donate | Store | Blog | FAQ | Jobs | Volunteer Positions | Contact | Bios | Forums | Projects | Terms, Privacy, & Copyright

Poster: Cliff Hucker Date: Nov 20, 2009 9:58am
Forum: GratefulDead Subject: Road Trips Vol. III No. 1

So Road Trips III/1 finally arrived, YAWN...

What happened to those Bickershaw and Sunshine Daydream rumors of a month or so ago?

So whats next?

Based on the almanac that recently came out, it doesnt look like Santa will be bringing any Gratefu Dead music for Kwanza?

Poster: Dudley Dead Date: Nov 20, 2009 2:14pm
Forum: GratefulDead Subject: Re: Road Trips Vol. III No. 1

I finally got mine yesterday . Pretty solid show, not lots of exploration, ( the "Playing" get pretty "gone")If that is what you are looking for . Too me, it sounds great , and it IS the whole thing . You can hear they have already moved away from the feel they had in the K&D period, toward something different . For fans of the early 80's Dead , this is pretty essential, I would say . But 79, still is different that the early 80's , a transitional year , if there ever was one . For one thing , when they do jam, they can really get out there in unique way . Too me, they move to a more concise , constrained style , as time went on .
Can't wait to hear the Garcia discs !
Yes I was hoping for the Bickershaw, or SSDD dvds (and cds!), but with the 77 box, and this RT, AND the chaos at Rhino , I too think next year , and even that might be "wait and see".

Poster: Tidewater four ten O nine Date: Nov 20, 2009 6:25pm
Forum: GratefulDead Subject: Re: Road Trips Vol. III No. 1

Hi Cliff,